From the week beginning Monday 19th July 2021 as England enters phase four of lockdown relaxation, it is no longer necessary to book places for mass.
We will continue with some reduced precautions in church:
- Hand sanitizing on entry will continue, although this is now not considered necessary on exit.
- There will be a code for sign-in on your smartphone if you have one using the NHS app on entry to church.
- You can sit wherever and with whoever you like – the side benches will be reserved for those who prefer to continue with social distancing.
- At the advice of the Diocese, we will continue to wear masks in church. Lanyards are available for those exempt from wearing a mask, who should sit in the front benches.
- Standing, kneeling and singing will be reinstated.
- Welcomers will invite you to come forward for communion, and you will be able to return to your seat afterwards.
- The votive candle stands will once again be available, and the piety stalls will be open before mass (but not afterwards).
- The church will be well ventilated (i.e. drafty!)
- Welcomers will steward people’s exit from church to prevent overcrowding.
For general questions about reopening and attending mass, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.